Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Most Cheese-tacular Video of All Time

With all due respect to Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and Billy Squire's "Rock me Tonight", there is no music video since the dawn of MTV that even compares to this one. In order for a song/video to be adequately cheese-tacular it must be at once compelling and ridiculous. It must take itself far too seriously and use over-the-top imagery. To be truly cheese-tacular, a video should combine something that is incredibly difficult to capture: brilliant awfulness. Journey's Separate Ways embodies this sentiment like no other. Enjoy!
  

3 comments:

  1. Chapmaniac,

    I recently discovered your blog (linked from The Pulpit, I think). You're doing a great job. In fact, I linked to some of your stuff myself.

    I agree about the cheeziness of "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)". You're probably already aware of it; but, in case you're not, there's <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZrjg48jHLw>a great literal send-up of the video.</a>

    In fact, there are quite a few of these Literal Video "tributes."

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good word! I will check the link out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete